The WNY Wolves Hockey Organization looks to provide an opportunity to every Youth in the surrounding communities to participate and become skilled in the sport of ice hockey.
Welcome to the former Clarence Mustangs Youth Hockey website. As we enter the 2021-2022 season, our 20th year anniversary, we have decided to make some changes.
A new logo, a new jersey sporting new colors, and a new identity. The Mustangs Board has decided to take on the new name of Western New York Wolves or WNY Wolves.
Hockey in WNY is changing and in order to continue our 20 year history of producing a quality hockey experience, we thought we should make some changes as well. The Board's goal was to get out from under a town specific name and in to a broader geographic name that will benefit teams and the organization over the years to come. This was not an easy decision to make but after an extensive period of time and thought, the Board felt it was the correct thing to do. Originally, the Mustangs was created for Clarence and surrounding area children to come together and skate but has since grown to include players from all over WNY and we wish to reflect that in our name.
When we started the Mustangs, it came with a dream of having a rink in Clarence for the organization to call home. We tried for 15 years with no success and the realization that it would not happen. This lead us to where we are now, skating out of the the following rinks; Town of Tonawanda, Northtown Center (Amherst) and Cornerstone Ice Arena (Lockport), another reason to reflect our presence in our name.
As the Mustangs, we have been very fortunate to have many highly qualified coaches, managers, volunteers and board members, who have helped teams to fulfill the goal of going to Final, State and National Tournaments over the years. We hope to continue this tradition under the new name and logo.
We look forward to this new chapter as the WNY Wolves and the continuation of producing strong, competitive, and fun teams with players who are skilled and knowledgeable of the game. Boys and Girls, who will continue in the future to love the game of hockey as adults and carry on the tradition.
Coaching Requirements Over the next two seasons coaching requirements will be modified. Consult the NY District and USAH website to stay current on the changes and implementation. To summarize:
1. Age Modules and current CEP are still required.
2. Deadlines remain the same nationally 12/31 of the current season. The NY District deadlines also remain in effect.
3. Continuing education will be implemented:
4. Once Level 4 is achieved, coaches will need to complete 5 credit hours of Continuing Education within each subsequent three‐year period
5. Effective in the 2021‐2022 season, coaching certification at Levels 4 and 5 is valid for three (3) seasons, as indicated by the expiration date. Before the expiration of their level, coaches must accumulate 5 credit hours of continuing education by either taking Level 5, or by attending other USA Hockey Continuing Education clinics.
This link will bring you to Safesport Training for 1st timers and to the refresher for Coaches and Managers who have already completed a training course in the past.